Whether you are a working mom, or a stay-at-home-mom, we all deserve a night out! We work so hard day after day, night after night taking care of our families that we forget to take care of ourselves. It’s important to take a couple hours every now and then and treat ourselves to some much deserved time away! Some alone time by yourself is always nice and peaceful, or a night out with the girlfriends is always a blast! Here are some great mommy night out ideas!
MOMS’ NIGHT OUT: ALONE TIME
- Spa night: Treat yourself to a mani/pedi! If you’re anything like me, your nails have been neglected since having a baby. It seems like the last thing on my list. If I walk out the door with my hair and makeup done it’s an accomplishment! But when you have your nails done, don’t you feel so much better about yourself? More put together? It’s a great idea for a night out by yourself.
- Park: Grab your favorite book, pack some snacks and a blanket and head out to your favorite park. Enjoy the peacefulness of the nature around you and savor that quiet time. I find that reading outside makes me so calm and mellow. Hearing the birds chirp around you, the smell of the fresh air, it’s all so refreshing. Or if you’re active, go for a walk/jog!
- Target + Starbucks: I saved the best for last! This is by far my favorite place to go when I have a couple hours to myself at night. There is something so magical about this place, isn’t there? Every women would have to agree I think. I first grab my grande vanilla sweet cream cold brew coffee, head over to the dollar spot and then take my sweet ol’ time browsing through all the aisles. Just writing this out makes me want to go!
MOMS’ NIGHT OUT: WITH GIRLFRIENDS
- Wine tasting: Last year my sister-in-law and I hosted a wine tasting event in her home and it was an absolute blast! We decorated her kitchen super cute, had lots of yummy meats and cheeses to try, and of course tons of wine! We shared lots of laughs and everyone enjoyed it! This was one of my favorite girls nights that we’ve done. If you’re looking to go out instead of hosting it in your home, check your local wine bars, breweries, etc. Lots of places host wine tasting events!
- Karaoke: Who doesn’t love some good ‘ol fashioned karaoke? This is such a fun idea for a group of girls to go and be silly. You don’t have to be a good singer to go up on stage, and after a couple of cocktails you won’t care anyways! Everyone loves seeing/hearing some Spice Girls or Shania Twain!
- Dueling Piano Bar: I recently just went to a dueling piano bar for a bachelorette party and it was so much fun! We had a group of about 10 women and we were right by the stage. They of course picked on us the entire time we were there and a couple of the girls even had to go on stage! It was very interactive, fun to sing along and we had many laughs! I highly recommend finding one in your area!